Welcome to Rusk
RUSK, TEXAS. Rusk, the county seat and second largest city of Cherokee County, is near the geographic center of the county at the junction of U.S. highways 69 and 84, State Highway 110, and Farm roads 241, 343, 752, 768, 1248, 1857, and 2972, 120 miles southeast of Dallas. The town was established by an act of the Texas legislature on April 11, 1846, which defined the boundaries of Cherokee County and called for the county seat to be named for Gen. Thomas Jefferson Rusk, one of the signers of the Texas Declaration of Independence
The new Library is open and being enjoyed.
Old Library Building
The old Library Building is currently undergoing renovation. When completed, it will serve
Pool and Splash Pad
The newly renovated Rusk Pool is open to the delight of Rusk's children and citizens of all